Changez is a senior associate in the commercial litigation team: his special interests are in company, employment and insurance law disputes. He has a sound understanding of litigation strategy and a depth of advocacy experience, having practised as a barrister for 14 years in London (where he was recognized by the directories).
He acts for and against directors, shareholders, insurers and companies, as well as regulators and government bodies.
Holding degrees in English law and French law, Changez is adept at traversing different legal systems and is also a fluent French speaker.
Changez offers expertise in disputes involving senior executives, alleged wrongdoing by directors, shareholder claims, D&O liability insurance and misuse of confidential information. Often, these arise in a cross-border context where issues of Bermuda, English and US law intersect.
Some current cases include:
- SiriusPoint Limited v Allied World Assurance Company (Europe) DAC & others: a $60m D&O insurance coverage dispute in the Bermuda Supreme Court, following the alleged settlement of a US federal securities claim in New York.
- X v A Professional Services Firm: exit of a managing director; advising on issues of shareholding, dividends and alleged secret profits.
- Mexico Infrastructure Finance LLC v Corporation of Hamilton: cluster of litigation arising from the fall-out of a failed hotel development project.
- Re a corporate services provider: defending a decision of the Bermuda Monetary Authority to revoke a CSP licence and to impose penalties under the Corporate Services Provider Business Act 2012.
- Re an airline: challenging a revocation by the Minister of Transport of a licensing exemption granted under the Civil Aviation (Air Transport Licensing) Act 2007.
King’s College, London, LLB (2005)
Sorbonne University, Paris I, Maitrise en droit (2005)
King’s College London, LLM (2006)
Lincoln’s Inn, various prizes including the Lord Denning major scholarship
Barrister, England and Wales (2008)
Registered associate, Bermuda (2023)